Renew your Membership*
*Please see instructions: How to renew your membership online.
Note: APB membership is as per calendar year and is valid until December 31.
Accredited Membership: $85
An Accredited member is defined as an individual who is a member in good standing of a Professional Accrediting Organization for biologists in Canada (e.g.: College of Applied Biology (CAB) and The Alberta Society of Professional Biologists), and has one of the following professional designations: RPBio, PBIol, RBTech, RTBiol, RBTech-Trainee, BIT, BTT, ABT, ABT-Trainee.
Join as an Accredited Member
Affiliate Membership: Student $25 - General $85
The Affiliate Membership category is open to any person who has an interest in biology. No formal qualifications in biology are required.
Affiliate members cannot vote on APB business or serve on the APB Board of Directors. However, they can enjoy other membership benefits offered by the Association as may be applicable, such as the mentorship program.
- No formal qualifications in biology are required.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Only an individual can apply for an APB membership.An organization or company cannot become a member of the APB.
- Student applicants must provide confirmation of membership in the College of Applied Biology or documentation confirming their student status.
- Affiliate membership applicants must sign the waiver attached, affirming that they will not represent themselves as a professional biologist or professional biology practitioner in any jurisdiction where legislation prohibits such representation, unless they have the required professional accreditation from an authorized accrediting organization, such as, in the case of the Province of British Columbia, the College of Applied Biology.
Affiliate Membership - Download Application Form
Emeritus (Retired) Membership: Annual $50 - Permanent $200
A member may request to become an Emeritus if that member was assigned the ‘Retired member’ status by a Professional Accrediting Organization for biologists in Canada. Emeritus members who do not have the ‘Retired member’ status by a Professional Accrediting Organization for biologists in Canada must sign a waiver affirming that they will not represent themselves as a professional biologist or professional biology practitioner
in any jurisdiction where legislation prohibits such representation,
unless they have the required professional accreditation from an
authorized accrediting organization, such as, in the case of the
Province of British Columbia, the College of Applied Biology.
Emeritus members may join annually, or they may choose to purchase a long-term membership. The ‘Emeritus-Permanent’ membership option allows retired members to do a one-time lump payment of $200 instead of renewing their membership every year.
Emeritus Member - Download application form
ion is i
for details on how the information you provide is used by the APB.
The APB members database and website are hosted on a Canadian server. Personal information collected from APB members is subject to the privacy laws in Canada set by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Necessary steps are taken to ensure our members’ and sponsors’ payment card data is kept secure and that they, as well as the APB, are protected against data breaches. APB uses an online engagement management system that has been validated by the PCI Security Standards Council. Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI‐DSS) means that the Association adheres to requirements for security management, policies, procedures, network architecture, software design, and other critical protective measures.