One of the main priorities of the APB is to ensure our membership
throughout British Columbia is provided timely, relevant training
opportunities, workshops and webinars. Our mandate is to ensure
competency in the biology profession, practice and related decision
making processes. Please check our Calendar
to see upcoming training, workshops and webinars provided by the APB
and affiliated organizations. If you have a suggestion for a CPD
training course, please contact the APB office.
Inaugural APB Seminar on Aerial Ungulate Surveys and Wildlife Tracking
In the CLASSROOM Seminar
November 25 and 26, 2019
Room2023, Prince George Civic Centre, 808 Canada Games Way, Prince George, BC.
- Introduction to survey Techniques: Random Stratified Block, Modified Gasaway (U of Alaska), Distance Sampling;
- Pros and Cons of Various Survey Methods;
- Survey Logistics, Aerial Survey Navigation, Counting, Data Collection;
- Moose Expert, Guest Lecture: The Importance of BC’s Moose Populations;
- GIS, Habitat Suitability, and Predictive Ecosystem Models;
- Introduction to DISTANCE and other software for census detection bias;
- Mapping and Stratification of Management Unit 7-7 for Aerial Surveys.
In FLIGHT & FIELD Training
November 27, 2019
UNBC’s Aleza Lake Research Forest.
In Flight Training:
- Helicopter safety and flight school training;
- One hour flight training in aerial survey techniques;
- On the ground wildlife tracking methods.
On the Ground Wildlife Tracking Methods:
- Including pellets identification, trackways, camera motion sensors, sound recorders, and telemetry.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
APB is grateful for the generous support of sponsors who help make this
event possible. Sponsors help the Association at providing practicable
training options for biology professionals and advance their career. Become a sponsor.
The 2020 Annual Professional Biology Conference and AGM.
April 28-29, 2020
Nita Lake Lodge, Whistler, BC
Stay tuned for more information.