1. The name of the Society is APB – Association of Professional Biology.
2. The purposes of the Association are to:
- Encourage the development and application of sound biological principles in the management and conservation of resources;
- Assist Biology Professionals in the development and maintenance of high professional standards in management, research and education related to biological resources;
- Inform and advise industry, governments and the public of the potential impacts on biological resources of land use and resource development proposals;
- Promote liaison with other professional associations for mutual professional development; and
- Engage in such other activities as are complementary to the purposes of the Association.
To view the 2012 (revised October) Constitution and By-laws of the APB, please open the following document.