Membership with the APB confers a range of benefits from discounts on professional training and insurance to journal subscriptions and many other affinity programs. When you become a member, you have access to key professional resources designed to help guide and advance your work and practice.
Login to see details from all services
APB members must be logged in to view details for many of these programs. We recommend you login prior to browsing the list of services and benefits.
Members of APB can take advantage of free advertising via the ‘Find a Consultant’ search tool on the APB Home page, or look for employment opportunities on the APB Job Board and post jobs at discount rate.
A key purpose of the Association of Professional Biology is providing the tools and resources for our members (and other affiliated resource professionals) to maintain competency through training, education and mentorship opportunities.
- Check the APB Calendar of Events for upcoming workshops, trainings and conferences. APB sponsors trainings throughout the province based on demand as provided through communications with our members.
- Enjoy the APB Annual Professional Biology Conference at discount rate. The event brings together natural resource professionals and experts, tradeshow booth hosts and sponsors to network and share timely knowledge in the biological field.
- Become a mentor and sponsor a Biology student. The purpose of the APB Mentorship Program is to link up and coming biology professionals with those who have established careers and expertise that can be transferred and shared informally.
Being an APB member means having select access to other Biology Professionals, affiliated professionals, their expertise and resources through a number of venues including the APB Annual Professional Biology Conference, and training and workshop opportunities detailed in the APB Calendar of Events.
- Subscribe to Bioserve the Electronic Forum that provides a means for direct communications to peers within the profession. APB Electronic Forums involves debate and information exchange on topics related to the APB and professional biology. Expect over 1,000 individuals to appreciate any information or perspectives that you bring to their electronic doorstep.
- Attend the Biosocial Soirees where local speakers give short presentations on their recent discoveries. This is a great opportunity to network with other biology professionals and get updates on local happenings while enjoying appetizers and refreshments. Biosocial Soirees also count towards your CPD credits!
Professional Practice Advisory
In addition to providing advice on ethical conflict, the APB produced several guidance documents concerning professional conduct and practices. These include a very useful Guide to Audit. View Documents on Professional Conduct.
APB – A Voice for Professional Biologists
On behalf of and with the collaboration of its members, the APB informs and advises industry, government, and the public of the potential impact of policy and legislation on biological resources. When APB engages in advocacy on important environmental issues such as climate change, it is as per the guidelines from the Professional Biology Advocacy Policy. See details on Your APB Voice – Communications and Press Releases.
Education and Services for Biology Students
- Biology students can seek mentorship from biology professionals who have established careers and expertise through the APB Mentorship Program.
- Every year the APB offers up to $2000 in Scholarships to Biology students.
Access to Information
- NRC-CNRC Journals
- APB Publications
- Your APB Voice – Communications and Press releases
- Professional Conduct and Guidance Documents
- Practice Advisory Bulletins
- Online APB Forums – Archives
- Events and workshop advertisement
Enjoy preferred rates for insurance, legal services, and much more through our Member Services & Affinity Programs.
- Professional Liability
- Individual Health
- Small Business
- Legal Services
- Video Conferencing
- Professional Development
- Conference and Workshops
- Choice Hotel
- Car Rental
- Publication Subscriptions
- National Post
- NRC-CNRC Journals