Membership with the APB confers a range of benefits from discounts on
professional training and insurance to journal subscriptions and other affinity programs. When you become a member, you also have access to
key professional resources designed to help guide and advance your work
Professional Liability Insurance with exceptional coverage
Accredited Members of the APB qualify for an exclusive insurance program
designed for professionals. This program is available through HUB International Insurance Brokers. It is part of group coverage subscribed to by
numerous professional associations nationwide, providing you with the
power to leverage the best insurance coverage, value and service on the
strength of our vast global resources and solid local relationships.
Key benefits from this program include:
- Exceptional coverage and limits,
- All prior work would be covered once the policy is put in place
- The application process is quick and easy
- Coverage carries on through retirement for past work if you meet the requirements
To download a guide to the key benefits of the Association Professional Liability programs click HERE
For more information and to apply for this exclusive insurance cover, please contact:
HUB International, Account Manager
Toll Free: 1‐800‐606‐9969
Email: [email protected]
Members of APB can advertise their services on the APB website through our Hire an RPBio service, or can either look for employment opportunities or post jobs at discount rate on our Job Board.
A key purpose of the Association of Professional Biology is providing
the tools and resources for our members (and other affiliated resource
professionals) to maintain competency through training, education and
- Check the APB Calendar of Events
for upcoming workshops, education and conferences. APB sponsors
education throughout the province based on demand as provided through
communications with our members.
- Enjoy the APB Annual Professional Biology Conference at discount rate. The event brings together natural resource
professionals and experts, tradeshow booth hosts and sponsors to network
and share timely knowledge in the biological field.
- Become a mentor and sponsor a Biology student. The purpose of the APB Mentorship Program
is to link up and coming biology professionals with those who have
established careers and expertise that can be transferred and shared
Being an APB member means having select access to the expertise of other biology professionals and a variety of resources
through venues such as
- The APB Annual Professional Biology Conference;
- Training and workshop opportunities, which are detailed in the APB Calendar of Events; and
- BioServe, our Electronic Forum, which provides a means for direct communications to peers within the
profession and involves debate and information
exchange on topics related to the APB and professional biology. Expect
over 1,000 individuals to appreciate any information or perspectives
that you bring to their electronic doorstep.
Professional Practice Advisory
Our members recognize that professional ethics are founded upon integrity, competence, and a responsibility to protect the reputation of the profession. To ensure that members have a full understanding of the obligations of Biology Professionals, the APB offers a peer service through the Practice Advisory Committee. Members are welcome to put their practice related ethical questions to the committee in a confidential manner for senior members of the Association to address. The advice offered is not intended to replace legal advice.
APB – A Voice for Professional Biologists
On behalf of and with the collaboration of its members, the APB
informs and advises industry, government, and the public of the
potential impact of policy and legislation on biological resources. When APB engages in advocacy on important environmental issues such as
climate change, it is as per the guidelines from the APB Advocacy Policy. See details on Your APB Voice – Press Room.
Education and Services for Biology Students
- Biology students can seek mentorship from biology professionals who have established careers and expertise through the APB Mentorship Program.
- Every year the APB offers up to $2000 in Scholarships to Biology students.
Access to Information
- NRC-CNRC Journals
- APB Publications
- BioNews (presently suspended and being reviewed)
- BioNotes (presently suspended and being reviewed)
- Your APB Voice – Communications and Press releases
- Professional Conduct and Guidance Documents
- Practice Advisory Bulletins
- Online APB Forums – Archives
- BioGleanings (presently suspended and being reviewed)
- Events and workshop advertisement
- Proceedings: Conferences/Workshops
Enjoy preferred rates for insurance, legal services, and much more through our Member Services & Affinity Programs.
APB members must be logged in to view details for many of
these programs. We recommend you login prior to browsing the list of
services and benefits.
- Professional Liability
- Individual Health
- Small Business
- Professional Development
- Publication Subscriptions
- National Post
- NRC-CNRC Journals